The Department of Information Technology (IT) is committed to increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of the City of Beeville's information technology services and support through the cost-effective use of technology for all of the Beeville Departments and City Agencies
The Department of Information Technology is the hub of the IT organization that oversees the technology infrastructure for its city government. It is this infrastructure that enables city employees to provide integral services to the residents, businesses and or other organizations or facilities of Beeville.
The IT Department is responsible for providing the following:
- Technology standards and policies for the City of Beeville's Departments and Agencies.
- A secure information technology infrastructure that supports local and wide area network access 24/7.
- Technology recommendations and assistance related to improving Department and Agency internal work processes to increase efficiencies and improve service to the community.
- A dedicated support solution that is responsible for providing day-to-day support for our residents to ensure that services are continuously operational and align with the requirements and the City of Beeville's expectations.
Department of IT's areas of responsibility include
- Information Security
- Network and Desktop Administration and Management
- Application Software
- Wireless Network Design and Management
- Server Management
- Disaster Recovery
- Telecommunications Services
- Contract and Project Management Services
- City of Beeville Website