The Department of Information Technology is committed to increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of the City's of Beeville's information technology services and support through the cost-effective use of technology for all of the Beeville Departments and City Agencies
The Department of Information Technology is the hub of the IT organization that oversees the technology infrastructure for its City government. It is this infrastructure that enables City employees to provide integral services to Beeville’s residents, businesses and or other organizations or facilities.
The IT Department is responsible for providing the following:
- Technology standards and policies for the City of Beeville’ Departments and Agencies.
- A secure information technology infrastructure that supports local and wide area network access 24/7
- Technology recommendations and assistance related to improving Department and Agency internal work processes to increase efficiencies and improve service to the public.
- A dedicated support solution that is responsible for providing day-to-day support for our residents to ensure that services are continuously operational and align with their requirements and the City's expectations.
Department of IT's areas of responsibility include
- Information Security
- Network and desktop administration and management
- Application software
- Wireless network design and management
- Server Management
- Disaster Recovery
- Telecommunications services
- Contract and project management services
- City of Beeville web site